Chickasaw City Elementary School and the Early Learning Center are seeing large numbers of Flu both A & B.
- Remember if your child is running a temperature , or you feel the need to give them a fever reliever , Please keep them home.
- Children should be fever free for 24 hours ( with out the use of a fever reducing medication) before returning to school.
- If the child is running a fever , we recommend having them tested for the flu. Tamiflu if given in the first 24-48 hours can reduce the length of the flu by half.
- Prevention is the best medicine. GOOD Handwashing, getting a flu immunization, good diet, plenty of rest and extra vitamin c.
- Teach your child to cough into their elbow or sleeve.